Wednesday, August 27, 2008

[books] The Innovator's Solution

The Innovator's Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth The Innovator's Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth by Clayton M. Christensen


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I finially finished working my way through this excellent book. I think the Solution is actually better than the Problem - but is not a substitute.



It has excellent lessons, with the usual case studies that is standard Christenson fare. I believe these to be important regardless of your particular situation - may you be a worker bee in a big organization, an entrepreneur trying to figure out how to break into a market or a big company exec trying to figure out how to not get eaten by the dozens of downmarket competitors.



I particularly like the framework that is laid out for evaluating the position of a given company in the oscillating cycle of specialization vs commoditization (and back) and how that changes what a company should be focusing on.


View all my reviews.

No comments: